What is the difference between LED screen and LCD display
LED screen and LCD display are familiar to users. They are mostly used in TV, mobile phone and other production, especially TV. Many users will struggle to choose LED screen or LCD display when buying TV. This issue will introduce the difference between LED screen and LCD display and which is better.
What are LED screen and LCD?
- LED screen
LED LCD uses LED light source, that is, light emitting diode. This LED is very power saving, and because it is not a lamp, it can form an array and be evenly distributed behind the LCD screen. Good brightness makes the backlight more uniform. This kind of display can be thinner and more power saving. The life of LED is longer than that of CCFL, and its color is stable and not easy to turn yellow.
The common LCD screen uses CCFL light source, that is, cold cathode fluorescent tube (similar to the scanning tube in the copy). There is one on both sides of the screen, and a backlight plate on the back of the display, which is composed of fluorescent materials, so that the light sources on both sides can be evenly distributed on the back of the entire screen, so that the entire screen can be evenly lit. However, due to technical limitations, the brightness of such a display is not completely uniform, but it is difficult to find it. At the same time, the light tube also has a certain life, and it will turn yellow after a long time.
Differences between LED screen and LCD display
- Compared with LCD, LED screenhas more advantages in brightness, power consumption, visual angle and refresh rate. LED technology can be used to make a thinner, brighter and clearer display than LCD.
- The power consumption ratio of LED screenand LCD display is about 1:10, and LED is more energy-saving.
- LED screenhas higher refresh rate and better performance in video.
- LED provides a visual angle of up to 160 °, which can display various text, digital, color images and animation information, and can play TV, video, VCD, DVD and other color video signals.
- With different resolutions, the biggest advantage of the LCD splicing screen is that it can achieve high-definition display, that is 1920 * 1080, which can display high-definition images and videos. The LED screenscreen has a much lower resolution under the same display area because of the large pixel spacing. Although the resolution can also be superimposed to high-definition, the required display area is larger, and the viewing effect is obviously inferior to that of the LCD.
- LCD splicing screens have splicing gaps of different sizes, ranging from 5.5-1.7mm, so there will be physical edge detection between screens after splicing, which will affect the viewing effect when the whole screen displays a plane, while LEDs will not have this concern. No matter how spliced, LED screens have no black edges.
- LCD is not waterproof and is mainly used indoors, while LED screencan be used in various occasions and outdoors.
The above is about the difference between LED screen and LCD display. As for which is better, it depends on the main purpose and use environment. The best one is suitable. Users can choose to buy according to their own use needs.
OBVIOUS is one of the leading Manufacturer of outdoor LED screen, LED signage, LED poster, LED floor tiles in China. Whether indoor led screen, outdoor led screen or dance floor led screen, transparent led screen, poster led screen, curved led screen, all have high cost performance, quality and service is our advantage.OBVIOUS is also a high-tech enterprise integrating R & D, manufacturing and sales.certificates are complete.
If you have any questions about the led display, you can contact us for consultation