How does the LED display fireproof
With the popularity of LED screens in indoor and outdoor display places, more and more fires are caused by quality problems and design defects of LED screens, which bring great danger to the safety of personnel and the economy of customers. As the frequency of accidents has increased, people have begun to conduct more in-depth analysis: How can fires be prevented in practical applications?
Causes of fire in LED screen
There is a fire hazard in the LED screen, mainly because there are still some shortcomings in several major raw materials. First, the wire. In most display applications, the larger the unit area of the display, the greater the power consumption, and the higher the requirements for the stability of the power supply of the wire. Among many wire products, only the wire that meets the requirements of the national standard can be used to ensure its safety and stability. Second, the power supply. The UL-certified power supply products are also the best choice when choosing similar products. Its effective conversion rate can ensure the safety and stability of the power supply load, and it can also work normally in the case of hot external ambient temperature.
Third, protective materials. The aluminum-plastic panels of general outdoor display products age rapidly with high temperature, rain and cold and thermal shocks, so that in relatively humid climates, rain and dew easily penetrate into the interior of the screen, resulting in short-circuiting of electronic components and causing fires. In terms of the material of the external protective structure of the display screen, most of the display products with high fire rating on the market are made of fire-resistant aluminum-plastic panels, which have excellent fire resistance and strong fire resistance and flame retardancy. Fourth, plastic kits. The plastic kit is mainly the material used for the bottom shell of the unit module mask. The main raw material is PC glass fiber material with flame retardant function. It will become brittle and crack, and at the same time, it can be used in combination with glue with better sealing performance, which can effectively prevent the rainwater from the external environment from penetrating into the interior, causing a short circuit and fire.
In addition to the internal raw materials that affect the fire protection effect, the external design such as heat dissipation is also very important. outdoor LED screen works at high temperature, and power consumption is a big challenge. If it is a large-area display, it will increase the difficulty of heat dissipation. In the past, outdoor large screens used fans to assist heat dissipation, and later developed to internal self-installed air conditioning facilities. In addition, we cannot ignore the factors that are considered to be caused in the later maintenance project. In short, the fire protection of LED screen needs to be careful everywhere.
How to do fire prevention work for LED screen
The quality of display screen fire protection technology is mainly related to the display screen fire protection raw materials and box technology. The fireproof raw materials mainly include four aspects: the wires used inside the display screen, the power supply, the fireproof materials of the external protective structure and the plastic kits:
- In most display applications, the larger the unit area of the display is, the greater the power consumption, and the higher the requirements for the power supply stability of the wire. Among many wire products, only the wire that meets the requirements of the national standard can ensure its safety and stability. There are three requirements: the wire core is a copper wire conductive carrier, the cross-sectional area tolerance of the wire core is within the standard range, and the insulation of the rubber wrapping the wire core. Compared with the general copper-clad aluminum wire core, the wire core with smaller cross-sectional area and insufficient insulating rubber grade has more stable electrical performance and is not prone to short-circuit;
- The UL-certified power supply products are also the best choice when choosing similar products. Its effective conversion rate can ensure the safety and stability of the power supply load, and it can also work normally when the external ambient temperature is hot.
- In terms of the material of the external protective structure of the display screen, most of the display products with high fire rating on the market are made of fire-resistant aluminum-plastic panels, which have excellent fire resistance, strong fire resistance and flame retardancy, and the oxygen aging performance of the special material for the core material. It is also very strong, with a melting point temperature of 135℃, a decomposition temperature of ≥300℃, environmental protection performance, low smoke and halogen-free, in line with SGS, flame retardancy B-S1, d0, t0, reference to use standards UL94, GB/8624-2006. The aluminum-plastic panels of general outdoor display products age rapidly with high temperature, rain and cold and thermal shocks, so that in relatively humid climates, rain and dew easily penetrate into the interior of the screen, resulting in short-circuiting of electronic components and causing fires
- Another important part of the fireproof raw material of the display screen is the plastic kit. The plastic kit is mainly the material used for the bottom shell of the unit module mask. The main raw material is PC+glass fiber material with flame retardant function, which not only has flame retardant function , It can not deform or become brittle and crack under high and low temperature and long-term use. At the same time, it can effectively prevent the rainwater from the external environment from penetrating into the interior and cause a short circuit and fire.
- In the absence of breakthroughs in core raw materials such as lamp beads, the brightness cannot be increased by increasing the current.In addition to the internal raw materials that will affect the fire prevention effect, the external configuration and design are also very important, but the external configuration mainly involves heat dissipation in fire prevention problems. When the display screen is working, an exhaust fan and an air conditioner will be configured to dissipate heat inside the screen body. It is recommended to install 1P air conditioners every 8-10 square meters to keep the temperature inside the screen at a normal constant temperature. Improper configuration of air conditioners or exhaust fans will cause uneven heat dissipation, which may easily lead to hidden safety hazards inside the screen due to temperature increases. At the same time, many LED companies simply simulate the water spray test in the external environment when testing the protection level of the cabinet. The durability and strength of the waterproof effect need to be verified. Water seepage occurs, which is an important reason why outdoor displays are prone to fire or have a short service life. When dealing with thunderstorms, the lightning arrester installed on the screen is also an essential tool to avoid lightning strikes and burn out the internal components of the screen. It can directly guide the lightning into the ground without affecting the screen.
- Correct installation. Since the LED electronic display screen is an electronic product, and some of its main materials are also combustible, it is necessary to fundamentally "prevent the problem before it burns", and use high-quality power supplies, wires, ICs, connecting devices, etc. that are flammable The device can reduce the failure rate and control the fire probability of the LED screen; technically, the installation, guidance and inspection of the LED screen must be carried out by professionals during the installation process, which can be prevented before it happens; The combustible and combustible materials are removed to prevent the LED screen from catching fire due to the surrounding fire hazards; in terms of after-sales maintenance, the LED screen is regularly inspected and inspected by professionals.
- Do a good job ofLED screenfire certification. Entering the US market requires UL48 wire and cable safety regulations and ETL certification, while the UK needs to pass BS safety certification, and Japan needs to achieve PSE mandatory safety certification. Although the Hong Kong Buildings Department has long been aware of this international problem, outdoor Media buildings (mainly LED screen products) have made relevant regulations. All LED screen projects successfully installed in Hong Kong must pass the BS476-7 flame retardant fire test of building materials by the British Test Center.
OBVIOUS is one of the leading Manufacturer of outdoor LED screen, LED signage, LED poster, LED floor tiles in China. Whether indoor led screen, outdoor led screen or dance floor led screen, transparent led screen, poster led screen, curved led screen, all have high cost performance, quality and service is our advantage.OBVIOUS is also a high-tech enterprise integrating R & D, manufacturing and sales.certificates are complete.
If you have any questions about the led display, you can contact us for consultation